There comes a time when you start thinking about having a serious healthy lifestyle. And the number one item I can think of, aside from a weekly exercise program, is drinking freshly juiced fruits and vegetables, so let’s start with the superpower of vitamins and health benefits — the Beetroot Juice.
I’ve included a cup of Beetroot Juice in my weekly diet for a month now, and the improvements were noticeable in a week’s time. I’ve lost my bloatedness, my skin had this healthy glow, and my stamina was lasting; and also, there was a general feeling of cleanliness in my body, inside and out.
The taste wasn’t bad either, the inherent sweetness of beetroot is acceptable. I could say that it is delicious! You don’t need to put sugar. If you add carrots and apples, the taste improves and so its nutritional value.
Nutritional value of beetroot:
Beetroots are high in folic acid and manganese. The green leafs are high in vitamin A (127% RDA), Vitamin C (50% RDA), vitamin K (500% RDA) as well as calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper and magnesium, sulfur, silica and choline.
Benefits of Beetroot Juice:
- My research led me that Beetroot Juice heals/solves/cures: liver, kidneys, skin problems; anemia; cancer; thrombophlebitis; varicose veins; hypertension; and other diseases of the circulatory system.
- It is a great body cleanser and detoxifier, especially for the vasculature, circulatory system, liver, gall bladder and kidneys.
- It removes cholesterol plaque in the blood vessels.
- It has a strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- It improves memory, metabolism, stamina, peristalsis, and the immune system.
According to my findings and based on my experience, beetroot’s concentrated juice is so potent that it needs to be diluted with other vegetable juices (or water). Too much beetroot makes me a little lightheaded.
Here’s my general ratio of beetroot juicing: 1 part beetroot and 2 parts carrots for every cup, for a day.
Other variations may include apple, spinach, cucumber, celery, kale, etc.
With the health improvements that I’m experiencing, I’m convinced that this superpower root crop should be in our daily/weekly meals. So if you want to be healthier and loose that extra weight (and that evil cholesterol), I highly encourage you to do the same. And let’s drink to that.
Establishments that offer this beverage:
- Fruit Magic: Olympian @ 70.00 Php (small); 105.00 Php (medium); 120.00 Php (large)
- Pump Juice Bar: Daily Juice @ 175.00 Php (price starts at)
- Mondo Juice: Max Veg @ 160.00 Php (small); 195.00 Php (medium)
- If you are suffering from serious diseases such as cancer, severe gallstones, hypertension, low blood pressure, and etc. please consult your doctor before including Beetroot Juice in your diet (e.g. Beetroot Juice cleanses the liver from gallstones, this might block bile ducts and cause health problems).
- Beetroot Juice may turn your urine and bowel movements in reddish color; this is not harmful. And you should be glad for the color change because it only tells you that it works.
- You will need a juice extractor and preserving jars for this recipe.
With that, let’s start juicing.
- Beetroot, 1 piece
- Carrots, 2 pieces
- Apples, 2 pieces (optional, for added sweetness and nutrients)
- Ice cubes
- Wash and peel the beetroot and carrots (and apples)
- Extract carrots and place its juice in a jar (always start with the light colored vegetables/fruits)
- Extract beetroot and place its juice in a jar
- Pour the juices in a cup and remember the ratio
- Serve with ice
Note: Leftover juices must be refrigerated in airtight jars, and must be consumed within 24 hours after juice extraction, for better results and freshness.
- Serves: 1-2 serving
- Preparation time: 2 minutes approx.
- Juicing time: 3 minutes approx.
- Cuisine: American
- Related recipes: Apple, Beetroot, Carrot, and other Vegetable Juices