Here comes the rainy season. Open those windows, wear those pajamas, and have a bowl of Braised Beef Noodle Soup. Watch the rain fall, hear the drizzle, and smell the steam coming from your favorite noodle soup. Hopefully, you will see that there’s something to look forward in this season of drips and splatter! And don’t forget to share a bowl.
Hello, Philippines! It’s the month of July, that means rainy days are here to stay, like it or not. And the best way to celebrate this cold and wet season is to have a steaming bowl of Braised Beef Noodle Soup.
First let me give you a background, the soup’s stock and beef chunks came from the Braised Beef with Carrots recipe, then filled with egg noodles, and topped with bok choy, carrots, mushrooms, and spices.
Once you’ve learned this recipe, you will say goodbye to all instant noodles. So let’s taste the authentic flavors of this braised beef mami recipe in the comfort of your own home!
Best enjoyed with:
- Black tea
Restaurants that offer this dish:
- North Park: Braised Noodles with Nanking Beef @ 212.30 Php
- David’s Tea House: Beef Brisket Noodles @ 145.00 Php
- Hap Chan: Beef Brisket Noodle @ 110.00 Php
- Ling Nam: Beef Noodles @ 145.00 Php
- Chowking: Emperor’s Beef Mami @ 98.00 Php
- President Tea House: Beef Mami @ 85.00 Php
- Mr. Ube Rice and Noodle House: Beef Noodle @ 80.00 Php
- Ma Mon Luk: Beef Mami @100.00 Php
- Luk Yuen: Beef Brisket Noodle Soup @ 165.00 Php
Note: It’s a requirement to learn how to cook Braised Beef with Carrots (believe me, you will not regret it) before proceeding.
With that, let’s start cooking.
- Beef chunks, 800 grams, cooked, from the Braised Beef with Carrots recipe
- Egg noodles, for four servings
- Beef stock, 1 cup, cooked, from the Braised Beef with Carrots recipe
- Knorr chicken broth, 1 cube
- Water, 4 cups
- Celery powder, 1 pinch
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, ground, to taste
- Enoki mushrooms, stemmed, 1 pack
- Carrots, chopped
- Bok choy, good for four servings
- Leeks, 4 stems, chopped
- Chilli, 1 piece (optional)
- Boiled eggs, 3 pieces, sliced
- Spring onions, chopped
- Cook egg noodles according to package instructions, drain and set aside
- In a saucepan, boil all the Soup Stock ingredients
- Add carrots, boil until tender
- Add the other Vegetable ingredients and beef chunks, boil until cooked
- In a bowl, place the egg noodles, pour the soup, put the beef chunks and other vegetables
- Garnish it with spring onions and boiled eggs
- Serve while hot
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time: 5 minutes approx. (excluding the Braised Beef with Carrots )
- Cooking time: 20 minutes approx. (excluding the Braised Beef with Carrots )
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Related recipes: Braised Beef Tendons with Daikon Radish, Beef Hotpot, Beef Brisket